Monday 7/18. The bus ride up

We left the church at around 9:30 at night. The bus ride started off with me criticizing Jake while he showed us all of his magic card and coin tricks. Now, before we took off I had decided to take some motion sickness medicine that made me incredibly drowsy but that was not going to stop me from staying up late! Just kidding, I passed out within the first half hour of the ride. We made a pit stop around  midnight to restock on snacks and use the "facilities". So while I slept the majority of the ride, the other students told me about their interesting bus adventures.. Taylor was sitting next to an open window most of the way there before she decided to jump over the seat and fall. Fay played with her pipe cleaners and made awesome shapes and animals. Jake was jamming out to his playlist in betweens naps and card tricks. Derek just got no sleep period.. And John? Well I'm not quite sure.. At around 5:30 a.m. we stopped at another travel center to stretch our legs and wake up. Jake and I watched the gorgeous sun rise and misty fog over the crops. Shortly after I became friends with the kid behind me after he offered me a breath mint because he overheard me talking to Jake about how I was 99% sure I had morning breath. Great times. At around 10:30 a.m. we stopped at a McDonalds for some  high quality breakfast of champions and that is exactly what we got well.. kinda. As of right now we have arrived in the town but are following a very confusing detour  to get to Purdue! We will update soon!

- Morgan Small

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotions

Sex--It's Complicated.